Fermented foods are the perfect way to eliminate toxins and refresh your body in time for Summer. After a winter of indulging in heavy comfort foods, like me, you’re probably ready to restore balance in your body and just feel lighter. Here are 14 Fermented Foods To Help You Cleanse and Detox This Spring so you can feel beautiful and fresh for Summer.
Health benefits of eating fermented foods include…
- Probiotic and full of fiber, making them great for digestion. Improved digestion can lead to less bloating, a flatter tummy and clearer skin.
- Fermented foods help your body absorb vitamins and minerals more efficiently. If your digestion is poor, you are unable to absorb the nutrients you are eating which leads to many health problems. Fermented foods are “pre-digested” and help break down food more efficiently.
- Energy! As a result of being able to absorb nutrients more efficiently and less energy being used by your body to digest, you will have an increase in energy.
14 Fermented Foods To Help You Cleanse and Detox This Spring
Fermented or pickled asparagus, radishes, apricots, beets, cherries and other Spring fruits and vegetables help you manage sugar cravings, reduce bloating and detox and cleanse your gut.
1. Pickled Asparagus recipe – Awesome Pickle
Asparagus makes a delicious pickle, because it stays crunchy. Full of vitamins and fiber, asparagus will add vitality to your body.
2. Pickled Skinny Asparagus Snacks – Fermented Food Lab
My variation of pickled asparagus with a spicy twist.
3. SPICED APRICOT CHUTNEY (LACTO-FERMENTED) – To Her Core
Apricots are an excellent source of vitamin A and a good source of vitamin C. This chutney looks absolutely delicious.
4. Beet and Kohlrabi Sauerkraut – Oh Lardy
Beets, kohlrabi and cabbage are combined to make a powerful healing sauerkraut.
5. BEET KVASS LIVER CLEANSER, TWO WAYS THAT TASTE GOOD – Fermented Food Lab
The job of the liver is to filter all toxins from the body, so it’s very important to do everything we can to support the liver. Many health issues are a result of our bodies being overburdened by toxins, so if you want clearer skin and more energy, help your liver out.
6. Probiotic Beet and Red Cabbage Sauerkraut – detoxdiy
7. Raw Pickled Ginger Carrots – Fermented Food Lab
These carrots make a bright addition to salads and sprinkled on top of stir-fry. I even eat them plain, because they’re so good.
8. PROBIOTIC LACTO-FERMENTED LEMONADE RECIPE – Hello Glow
Lemons are cleansing and contain vitamin C which leads to glowing skin. Try this refreshing, probiotic lemonade for a health boost.
9. Lemon, Thyme Green Tea Kombucha – Fermented Food Lab
10. How To Make Preserved Lemons (A Moroccan/Middle Eastern Specialty) – The Daring Gourmet
I you have a meyer lemon tree and don’t know what to do with all those lemons. You have to try this.
11. Coconut Water Kefir
Coconut water kefir is a true health tonic and superfood that should be added to your diet if you want to cleanse your liver, improve digestion and stop sugar cravings. Which will lead to glowing skin and high energy levels.
12. How to Make Rhubarb & Honey Soda (With Lacto-Fermentation!) – And Here We Are
The color is making my mouth water.
13. Probiotic Strawberry Soda – Fermented Food Lab
I just received a big basket of strawberries from my CSA today. Yes!
14. We Can Phickle That! – Dilly Snaps, Phickle
What are your favorite Spring fruits and vegetables? Let me know in the comments below.