This makes my mouth happy. Juicy, sweet, tart and refreshing. My fav flavor combos all in this blended, probiotic rich Pineapple Cucumber Kefir Agua Fresca. This is a drink you’ll want to have your friends over for.
Agua fresca is a light and refreshing drink that’s popular in Mexico. Usually a combination of fruit, sugar and water. I make mine healthier by adding probiotic rich water kefir and use honey to sweeten. I added cucumber, because it’s great for the skin, is very hydrating and lightens this drink up. Perfect for warm weather.
Pineapple fun fact: It takes over two years for a pineapple plant to bear its’ first fruit. That’s probably why they can be expensive.
- 3 cups water kefir (instruction on how to make water kefir are here.)
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen pineapple
- 1 whole cucumber peeled and chopped (about 1½ cups chopped)
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey to taste
- Add all ingredients to a blender
- Blend until smooth
- Pour over a cup of ice and enjoy
What’s your favorite drink or dish using pineapple? Let me know in the comments below.