I love ginger! I am bringing you this recipe today, because I use it as an ingredient in many of my fermented food recipes and thought you might like to use it too. I love the spicy pungentness that it brings to drinks and food. And I especially love all of the benefits it can bring to your health. Anytime I have an upset stomach I add a little bit of ginger infused water to some mineral water with lemon and it settles it immediately. It warms me up in the morning when I add it to my green smoothie and it spices up stir-fry and salad dressing. I usually make a batch of ginger water once a week and add it to just about everything. I find this method of extracting the ginger to be much easier than trying to grate it and squeeze it every time I need it for a recipe. Making ginger infused water is super easy, takes no time at all and makes ginger readily available when you need it.
Why is ginger good for you?
- Improves digestion which leads to a happy gut
- Relieves tummy aches, diarrhea, morning sickness, and motion sickness
- Improves circulation
- Beneficial in treating colds, menstrual cramps, and arthritis
- 1 cup ginger root roughly chopped
- 4 cups water
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend on high for about 1 minute.
- Pour through a nut milk bag, jelly bag or fine strainer and pour into a glass container for storage in the fridge.